Responsible for processing equipment returned from customers, approving and entering RMA (Return Material Authorization) requests. This position combines aspects of both the Tech & Distribution Center and administrative work. The RMA Specialist will spend time between handling equipment returned from customers and processing RMA requests. This role will work in each area as workflow dictates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for opening returned packages to ensure equipment is received is the same as specified on the RMA service order.
- Releases returned equipment from orders/customer inventory as appropriate, notates RMA tickets, and closes when complete.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors when appropriate.
- Reviews incoming RMA requests (received primarily via e-mail, occasionally by phone), responding to requestors, indicating whether request has been approved or denied, or if further information is required.
- Enters RMA Service orders, to have replacement items shipped, or for items to be returned for credit.
- Responds to status inquiries and proactively furnishes status of service to appropriate parties.
- Works with the Tech & Distribution Center to ensure that committed delivery dates are met.
- Provides RMA order acknowledgment to end customers.
- Responsible for planning any material required to meet established time lines.
- Drives the customer support experience through closure by partnering with various functions of the organization to resolve customer support inquiries.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews service backlog daily and responds to expedite requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.